Having a luxury BMW car may well be every auto owner’s dream. Before considering buying one, however, it’s critical to check out the necessary maintenance in keeping the vehicle in tip-top shape. Let’s take a look at what the differences are between the two main types of BMW maintenance: BMW Inspection I and II.
If your BMW is in need of repairs, come see us at Import MotorWorx for the number one BMW maintenance in Culver City, California.
BMW Inspection I Guidelines
For every 20,000 miles, it is recommended to schedule a BMW Inspection I service appointment. This type of BMW maintenance includes the following:Undercarriage Inspection
- Changing the oil and filter should be done after reaching 3,000 miles thereafter for proper lubrication.
- Checking of transmission, clutch, and brake system is done first to make sure there are no leaks.
- Exhaust system mounting and position are aligned.
- Wheel hubs should be well greased, and brake pads and discs are checked.
- Reading of diagnostic codes before resetting the indicator.
- Cooling/heating system fitted with a hose.
- Check fluid levels in clutch and brake reservoir, as well as the ratio of antifreeze and coolant to water.
- Battery level and load test check.
- Examining the lighting system of indicator/warning systems.
- Check for any damage to airbag covers.
BMW Inspection II Guidelines
BMW Inspection II is recommended for every 40,000 miles. BMW Inspection II includes everything mentioned in the previous section, as well as the following BMW maintenance:Undercarriage Inspection
- Axle check for both front and rear wheels.
- Steering wheel check.
- Tire pressure check.
- Adjustment of parking brake cables for free movement.
- Overall check on the proper function of the air conditioning system.
- Replacement of air filters and spark plugs.
- Check the instrument dashboard and panel.
- Replacing the HVAC system microfilter.
- Functionality of seat belts check.
- Proper working of tailgate/trunk, door hinges, and oil hood latches.
- Central locking mechanism check.
- Rear and side-view mirrors inspection.
- Performing battery loading test for possible replacement.
The Best BMW Maintenance in Culver City, California
BMWs are a great vehicle to own, but to ensure that yours lasts you for thousands of miles to come, it’s critical that you keep up with all of the necessary maintenance involved with the vehicle. For BMW maintenance that you can trust, come see us at Import MotorWorx in Culver City, California, today to have one of our BMW certified mechanics take a look.